Join Boardworks tomorrow at Standup for the Cure!

Boardworks is excited to attend Standup for the Cure tomorrow, May 7th, in Newport Beach, CA for the 5th year in a row! This is one of our favorite events of the year where we get to have a blast standup paddling while raising awareness of breast cancer and funds in support of Susan G. Komen. Come and register for this 5K paddle where 75% of the net proceeds go to fund local life-saving education, screening, diagnostics, treatment and survivorship programs, and the remaining 25% is invested in global breast cancer research.

Registration opens at 8am and the paddle begins at 10:15am. Don’t own a paddleboard? Don’t worry! We will be demoing a wide variety of SUPs to be used for the race. Come find the Boardworks tent early morning to secure a board for the race! Hope to see you there!

sup4cure

Saturday May 7, 2016

Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort

1131 Back Bay Dr

Newport Beach, CA 92660

About Boardworks

Based in Carlsbad, C.A., Boardworks is a leader in the surf and standup paddle industries offering innovative and award-winning surfboards, standup paddle (SUP) boards, paddles, and accessories. Boardworks commitment to building user-friendly performance products, that make your time on the water more enjoyable, is based on an understanding that there are many types of waterways in this world and many different ways to enjoy surfing and stand up paddling. This design approach ensures that you have the perfect board for your next surf or SUP adventure. Boardworks, part of the Confluence Outdoor family, also designs, manufactures and distributes surfboards and SUP boards for some of the world’s premier brands including Badfish Standup Paddle, Morrelli & Melvin, Strive, and Perception using our proprietary construction technologies. www.boardworkssurf.com

About Standup for the Cure

Have Fun and Save Lives – Our mission is to introduce people to the sport of Standup Paddling while raising funds for Susan G Komen for the Cure of Breast Cancer. SUP events are held in Newport Beach, Florida, Michigan and London UK. suftc.org